Monday, October 14, 2013

Our Long Weekend in Louisville

Hello, New World! Heffe and I were invited to a wedding in Louisville on Sunday. Being that Heffe has never been there, it was over my birthday weekend, and it was on a Sunday evening, we took it upon ourselves to make a long weekend out of our college friends' wedding :)

Our long weekend started out early and productive on Saturday morning. Heffe had an exam for one of his MBA classes, and I had my last long run to complete before the marathon. (Exciting, right?! Have I mentioned I'm a badass and am running another full marathon?:) hehe) 
We finished those tasks, then didn't skip a beat going to the next... Grocery/errands for Heffe, school for me to clean a little and write up some substitute lesson plans for Monday (today). Then, we reconvened at our house for a quick lunch, packing, showering, and we were off!
Saturday was my birthday:) Heffe made reservations for dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. NOM. NOM. Sciato usually gets seafood at steakhouses, but I indulged in an actual steak dinner, and I have ZERO regrets. Good wine, good food, great company. They even took our pic since they knew it was my birthday, printed it, and have it to us in a fancy card :) 
My phone's version... The actual pic is way better. :) 

Sunday was the wedding- SO. BEAUTIFUL. It was really good to catch up with Heffe's college friends, and meet some new friendly faces, too! 

We found out we can take non-awkward pics together!
Yahoo!

We are now on our way back to good ol' Cbus, nursing ourselves back to health from over-saturating our increasingly older bodies ... Usually, one of us maintains some composure if we are boozing with friends or family... not at weddings. We don't have that kind of self-control. We are sometimes too much of a hot mess to handle together ;) 

I'm leaving you, New World, not with a picture of our sweaty, greasy, sunglass-towing selves.. But with a more pleasing pic of us at our prime. ;) Can't wait to spend a million more booze filled nights and hungover days with this man:)
Until next time

This is me. Bein me. 


Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment