Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Will-Power Wednesday

Okay, New World, it's been awhile. Here is a little anecdote for just another manic Wednesday. 

So Heffe and I have passed the 3 month mark til our big day!!! HOLY S*#%!!! Most of our big details are set and ready... Now comes the details. We are trying to keep level heads, stay organized, and be realistic. It's working for the most part ;) 

Well... Less than 90 days to our wedding means less than 90 days until our glorious honeymoon!!!!! Disney and Mexico with the love of my life?! What more could a Sciato ask for! :) 

Here's what Sciato can ask for. A honeymoon ready bod. Self-control is not really something at which Janissa excels... Especially when it involves food and booze. Since the marathon 6 months ago, I've definitely fallen off the wagon, had about a million glasses of wine (glasses, bottles, dozens, hundreds, whatever stop judging!), and disgustingly over-done it with Bdubs and Marcella's. 

Time to get serious! Please understand, New World, I am not trying to look anorexic for our wedding- at this point, I'm praying to GOD that my dress just fits! I bought it when I was training...aka running 25-30+ miles a week...aka about 25-30 more miles a week than I've done consistently in about 6 months. Whoops. 

Heffe and I have cut out fun, I mean certain indulgences, until after the wedding: fast food, breakfast out during the week, Bdubs altogether, and weekday drinking, plus, we are committing to at least 4 days of good workouts. It's been a rough few weeks. Eating our grilled chicken salads and only baked chips and only 100 calorie desserts and working out when we're tired and trying not to feel too sorry for ourselves. #firstworldweddingprobs

Enter Will-power Wednesday. 

Heffe is at class. I -wanted- to go to DSW after I left I work. I played out the whole night in my head. I could go to DSW, get new flats that I NEED;), then hit up Mickey d's for a number 10, large sized, and a COKE. No, Sciato, bad Sciato! You can go to Jason's after DSW and get a gluten free sandwich and veggie soup. And maybe a fountain coke. -If- you only eat half the sandwich. 

Here's what really happened. 

Sciato went to the gym, ran 4 miles (instead of the 2 I intended to run), and then COOKED tilapia over salad with sautéed veggies and a touch of cheese. I might or might not have had 2 baby scoops of ice cream after, but who counts dessert anyway;)

Even with the cheese and ice cream, an infinitely better choice than Mickey D's. Except I do regret not going to DSW. There's always room for that. :)

Do you struggle with self-discipline during the week? How do you deal with fatigue and stress? How do you deal with self-pity?! Gotta help me out, New World, it's gonna be a long 3 months!!!

Until next time... 
Keep cheerin me on...

Cheers. :)

1 comment:

  1. Self-discipline? What is this self-discipline you speak of? :) Good work!

    ReplyDelete