Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Ten on a Tuesday

Hello, New World!

Just a few scattered thoughts for you on this rainy and chilly fall evening... Yes, I'm holding onto autumn even though Ohio is violently throwing it out the window like burnt cookies. 

aaaaaaaaaand that's number 1. aaaaah, Xavier. I miss you! I miss seeing my friends so often!!! Autumn always reminds me of how beautiful XU's campus looks in the fall. Even though we all did stupid things at one time or another (hence my burnt flaming cookies out the window)... we all had the best freaking time. xoxavier

2. Jason's Deli makes amazing chicken salad. It's very light, and it has pineapples and aaaalmonds in it. Refreshing and doesn't make me feel badly for eating fast food after a quick trip to the gym!

3. Today was a new shoe day. Thanks, DSW! Well, I should be thanking myself- my rewards for shopping there too much bought me my new kicks, that did NOT make my feet hurt! win-win!

4. I'm wearing my Christmas fleece with snowflakes on it. Yes, I'm still hanging on to fall, but I'm a realist- it's Ohio, and the 10 day forecast is completely unreliable.

5. My "new" laptop is great... but the keyboard BLOWS. I have had it for almost a year now, and still can't seem to hit the space bar hard enough or at the right angle. And then I have to go back every few seconds and try harder. Irritating! Next laptop- I'll definitely try some typing out to be sure it fits my keyboarding style. #thingsithoughtidneversay #thisunusablespacebarmakesforeasyhashtags

6. Tomorrow is health screenings for my students. I'm SO relieved it's not for me. Like I need one more thing to induce panic attacks about my health- at work, no less!


8. My students and I finished our read aloud today. We have been reading Rump by Liesl Shurtliff. I really thought some of my students were going to cry when it was over. It has truly been a magical journey, and I cannot say enough times how much I have loved reading this book. If you have students in grades 3-5, or are a teacher... please do yourself a favor and look into it.

9. I actually got up this morning when I should have, and ya  know what? I was less tired throughout the day than when I snooze for an hour or so. Even if I did do an abominable parking job in the dark when I got to school. Turns out- all those articles I've read on sleep studies actually might be true!

10. We opened our Halloween candy. Yikes. Bad Janissa!!!!

Callin it a day, New World! What random happenings have plagued your thoughts today? :) 

Until next time...

Cheers :) 

2 comments:

  1. Here's one: How in the HECK did a song about doing cocaine (White Lines) become the roller skating anthem of my childhood?? Seriously. "Get higher baby..." I'm appalled at the non-helicopter-ness of our parents. I had no clue what it meant until a few years ago when I heard it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes!!!!!!! omg, the roller skating anthem!!!! :) I am foreseeing an 80s Skateys night... :)

      Delete