Sunday, December 29, 2013

Lessons and Carols

Hello, New World!

No. I will not be singing Lessons and Carols for you this chilly December evening. You're welcome. :)

I do, however, wish to share some life lessons I've learned along the way in 2013. 

We'll call it... Lessons and Pinterest Quotes. :)


January


No matter how silly your resolution is, you wanted it at some point. Mine was, "stop weekday drinking and hitting snooze." Good try, Sciato. ;) My resolution this year is going to be "When your alarm goes off at 5am, get up and actually go to the gym instead of hitting snooze 9 times until 6:43." :)


February


There's always time for silly behavior and fun. Don't take yourself too seriously. 
(I need to remember that most of all!!!!)


March
I have been blessed with 2 AMAZING sisters-in-law, and can't wait to call my future 5 my sisters. 
LOVE them.


April


Age doesn't define you. Maybe I need this in my life because 2014 marks a milestone old year for Sciato... ruh roh ;)


May


Use reasons (proactive), not excuses (reactive), to drive your decisions and actions.


June


My favorite was when I realized my family are the funniest people I know. Laughter is the best medicine!


July


Even if that dream is just to put together a lawn mower... believe in yourself and your HOME.


August


I know, I can't take myself too seriously... but, ..."The hard is what makes it extraordinary."


September


"And visa versa, I'm sure." :) 


October


Not just for running. Life is a game that you constantly play with yourself, not against others. Coincidentally, it is NOT whether you win or lose. It IS how you play the game.


November


Thank you... Small words that mean so much!


December

The greatest lessons I've learned this year is to just be honest and good to yourself and to those you love, to tell those you love that you love them often, and to show your appreciation and love through your actions. 

Sciato's learned a lot of tough lessons this year, and Sciato's still tryin to make it all work. We all are. But. We are never ever alone. And our life is what we make of it. Call it sublime, naive, optimism. 
Yes, skeptics, vision and passion seem clearer halfway through winter break. ;) 
Hopefully, I can keep this mentality through 2014... I have some pretty big things that are helping me keep my eyes, mind, and heart on the straight and narrow. :)

Until 2014, New World,

This is me, bein me. 

Cheers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment