Monday, September 8, 2014

Good Monday to ME!!!!

Hello, New World!

Okay, Day 1 of my Good Day challenge... I was a little worried about finding-the-good-in-today because Mondays are, well, Mondays. I knew I'd be eating at least one meal in my car today, and was hoping I'd get the chance to take an actual lunch break today. I just got home about an hour ago. 

So I started out the day hoping to find one, JUST ONE shining thing about the day to keep me sane... but I didn't... so here's the MILLION things that were GOOD in my world today...

1. I heard "Footloose" and "Two Princes" on the radio this morning. I DARE you to NOT find the good  in a TRAFFIC JAM BECAUSE GEESE WERE IN THE ROAD after hearing either of those. Thank you, Rewind 104.3!!! You turned my world around at 7:50am.

2. I had a new coffee mug this morning- thanks for the VS swag, Heffe!

3. I took my whole class to the computer lab...hold your breath... on a Monday morning... at 9:30am... and we ALL were able to use Schoology. If you don't know Schoology, New World, it is basically Facebook for school. I post "Discussions" or "Videos", and students can comment back. Then they can "like" each others' comments, "reply" to each other... it's pretty much amazing. What's even MORE amazing is that I didn't lose my sh-t and my students were really really good and patient.

4. When I was doing the said read aloud later in the day, (teacher friends- we are doing a Fairy Tale unit, and my read aloud is an adaptation of Rumpelstiltskin called Rump and it's phenomenal) and we came to the end of the chapter, my kids all went, "awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!" Warms my heart every time.

5. A sweet sweet sweet former student of mine brought me peanut butter brownie heaven bars, and one of my teammates brought me a mini-loaf of zucchini bread. Both were completely unprompted gifts. #spoiledsciato

6. Tonight was the first PSR class of the year. I have been teaching PSR at my church for 3 years now, and it is one of the best things I have done since moving back to Cbus. The first graders in my class this year are SO precious, and when I heard their little voices pray... it is just the most amazing thing in the world. I obviously cried. Twice.

7. My brother Tony sent pictures of my nephew Aidan on his first day of Preschool, and my sister-in-law Maureen sent pictures of my newest nephew Camden in a onesie Uncle Heffe and I bought for him. It's just THE BEST to see these pictures all the time, and even though it breaks my heart that we can't see our nephews as often as we used to, or even close to as  much as we'd like to, these pictures still make me feel super connected to them, and make me fall in love with them all over again every time I see them!

What a great start to my week, New World! Maybe this whole looking-for-the-good-in-every-day thing will last beyond a tiresome Monday ;) 

Until next time, I mean tomorrow, 

This is me. Bein me. 

And for now...Life is GOOD. 

Cheers. :)

1 comment: