Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Terrific Tuesday!

Hello, New World!

Since it's been a long one, and since I've been working since I got home, and since it's already after 11, I'll cut to the chase. :) Here's today's glimpse of goodness for ya...

1. I had a Secret Admirer in my class. I had notes left all last week, and this week so far I've received 4 coasters/pot holders and a necklace that were all HAND MADE. I found out who the student was yesterday, and I can't even tell you how sweet and memorable and blessed I feel. It's sometimes easy to cast away the pictures, notes, and general indoor recess gifts of "I made this macaroni necklace for you, except it's not a macaroni necklace because I only had boogers to smear around on the back of my homework that I didn't do and it's just for you and I worked so hard" trinkets. Having this Secret Admirer immediately brought me back to 3rd grade, and made me remember how important all the little things like this are, and hopefully, this sweet Secret Admirer of mine will remember the expression on my face when I figured out their true identity, and how thankful I am for each and every one of the gifts I have been given- most of all, for having that student in my class.

2. I got to hang out with 2 amazing kids all afternoon today. Yes, it's a babysitting job. Yes, I was beat after a long day at school. Yes, seeing Heffe at 9pm was the first time since about lunch when I had complete adult-only interaction. The family I babysit for is truly one-of-a-kind, and I am so blessed to have become a part of their lives.

3. Heffe had dinner waiting for me when I got home tonight. BLTs, salad, and even Dove ice cream bars for dessert, and a little vino night cap. This is his only week night free... he worked out, ran his errands, organized his life, packed OUR lunches, set up coffee for tomorrow morning, cooked dinner for us, AND had a smile on his face when I came in the door looking like a crusty mess. Didn't criticize me for not wanting to work out. Didn't ask questions when I said I had to stay up and do work. LET me have the last glass of good wine (until we opened the cheaper bottle). New World, my husband is better than yours. ;) 

Until tomorrow, 

Life is still pretty good. :) 

Cheers :)


No comments:

Post a Comment