Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Wino Wednesday- what's NOT good about that!?

Hello, New World!

I got a Sciato sized glass of wine on this lovely fall-like Wednesday evening as I reflect on the Goodness of the day. 

Aaaaaaah. :) 

1. I got to go shopping today! I am co-hosting (with the one, the only, the multi-tasking GENIUS, my sister-in-law Amanda) a baby shower for our sister-in-law, Chris, this weekend, and I am putting the finishing touches on the party :) Having lived in Columbus for the better part of my life, I REMEMBER when our iconic mall scene was constructed. (At this point, I feel it necessary to pay proper respect to the mall we all knew too well, and where I still find myself roaming around in my dreams about occasionally, Northland Mall. RIP, good friend. I will never forget shopping at Structure with my big brother, stalking American Eagle, and going to Lazarus with my mama! Oh, the memories...) Digression over. Columbus shopping. My brother, Tony, worked for the construction company that built Tuttle Mall, I worked at Aeropostale and opened the store at Easton, and I remember hanging out with my friends everywhere at Polaris in high school- long before it was an epicenter. Since moving away and then moving back and to the burbs at that... I have REALLY lost touch with every mall except Polaris. Tonight I went to Easton. Every time I go there, I fall further and further in love with it. Yes, I said it. I. LOVE. EASTON. I went there for one store , and ended up roaming around like a creep (only got lost once, though!), and it was amazing. Lots of happy alone time for Sciato!!!

2. Even though I had Wendy's for the second time for dinner this week (which was ALSO a good thing- yes, this one is a two-fer!!!), I made pasta for lunch tomorrow and Friday. I am BEYOND sick of sad-sack salads, and just can't reconcile with buying school lunches when they are made of things that give me the runs. #evenrectanglepizzaisntworthit 
Needless to say, I'm WAY excited for my gluten-free pasta and homemade sauce tomorrow ;) 

3. I watched the photo-slideshow-video our amazing wedding photographer made for us. #JeanneArkfeldPhotography   
Our wedding day flew by so freaking fast, and Jeanne and her daughter, Carly, captured EVERY moment I seemed to have whizzed through... and it makes my heart happy to "re-remember" those lost memories. :) 

4. Well, duh. It's Wino Wednesday at Casa di Janissa. Tonight we've selected a delightful Pinot Noir. I need a refill. :P

Until tomorrow, New World, 

Life is still pretty good. :) 

Cheers. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment