Sunday, September 14, 2014

Musical Schizophrenia

Hello, New World!

Thought for my daily dose of GOOD this week, I'd tap out by taking a page out of Heffe's Blog and do a little musical count down for you!

Background story for my musical journey...

 This weekend, I traveled to Cincinnati for my sister-in-law's Baby Shower. Chris and Michael got TONS of amazing gifts, well wishes, and personal time and memories turned gifts. I am so blessed to be an aunt AGAIN!!!! Hurry up, Baby, we want to meet you!!!! Just not so hurried... finish baking first ;)
Heffe and I have coined the I-71 corridor between Cincinnati and Columbus as the "Come to Jesus (CTJ)  Highway." Whether its music, our own thoughts, or every Christian rock station in between, at least one of us ends up leaving the highway with a profound epiphany of some sort. 

Friday night's drive begun my musical inspiration. Here are the highlights...

1. "Hand In My Pocket" by Alanis Morissette. Have you ever even HEARD the lyrics to that song? It has CTJ written all over it. 
2. "That's the Way It Is" by Celine. Again, CTJ central. This song is also on my running play list. I hear, "Yes, those are hills, and you've got to push through, and that's the way it is!"
3. "Put On" by Young Jeezy ft. Kanye West. This song makes me feel pretty freaking righteous. Also on my running playlist. 
Then I put on the "Frozen" cd soundtrack and just lost my mind before I got to my parents' house.

Saturday, as Amanda and I were prepping for Chris's shower, I was playing my NSYNC Pandora station. If you don't have this station, and are a fan of ... perfection ... you need to create it immediately. IMMEDIATELY. Hightlights include...
1. "Tearin Up My Heart" by NSYNC. Duh. I stopped cooking and did the dance. Whatever.
2. "The Call" by the Backstreet Boys. This song was more on the tail end of BSB, and truth be told, I completely forgot about it until I heard it. Good one! Great beat. I've included the video so Amanda can remember what this song is ;) 
3. "Liquid Dreams" by OTown. Yes. I've seen OTown multiple times in concert, and have even done the bungee rip cord thingy at Kings Island in order to see their sound check. Sue me. 
4. "Oops I Did It Again" by Britney Spears. Who DIDN'T just remember her in her red leather jumpsuit?! Please and thank you, TRL.
5. "He Loves You Not" by Dream. I may or may not have this single. 
6. "Lady Marmalade" by Pink, Mya, Lil Kim, Missy Elliot, and Christina Aguilera, from the "Moulin Rouge" soundtrack. Still a top 10 album of ALL TIME for me. Brought back junior year of high school in 3 hot seconds!
7. "Drive Myself Crazy" by NSYNC. Just like the iconic Britney video... who did NOT picture a dreadlocked Chris Kirkpatrick in a straight jacket looking extra creepy!? 
8. "Bye Bye Bye" by NSYNC. Again... iconic video. PUPPETS PEOPLE.
Needless to say... this started Chris's Shower Day on a REALLY GOOD note. 

Sunday's drive home really brought it back. I had some repeats from Friday, but my iTunes still delivered...
1. "Christmas Can-Can" by Straight No Chaser. #imoneofthosepeoplewhodreamsofchristmasbeforehalloween
2. "Lose Control" by Missy Elliot. Stuck that cruise control on, and danced my buckled up ass off!
2. "Defying Gravity" Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenowith from "Wicked." Again, this song has CTJ written ALLLLLLL over it. Righteous Sciato is back. 
3. "Look At Me Now" by Chris Brown ft. Busta Rhymes, Lil Wayne, "If you got eyes look at me now, BITTTTTCH" Righ-teous.
4. "The Prayer" by Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli. This song means about a million things to me. Heffe's sister Carolyn sang this for us on our wedding day... yes. She sang it. By herself. A DUET DONE SOLO. Nothing short of extraordinary. So I was thinking of our wedding day. 
This was a big baby weekend, so I was a little overwhelmed with the, "aren't you next?" questions and love for my current nephews and baby Chrichael on the way (Chris and Michael=Chrichael, much like Jeff and Anissa=Janissa). I couldn't help but pray this song for all the sweet little baaaaaaaaabies who are already in my life. 
Hello. Again. CTJ. 

Maybe I need new tunes. Maybe one of my schizo sides understands that I need a little variety and spice to my life. Maybe it is divine intervention that I have some of these songs in my repertoire. Anyway you slice it, it's all good tunes for me. And that is my happy place today. 

Until next time, 

Jam on, New World!

Cheers :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment